- Financial Results in Focus: Unifi Inc. (NYSE: UFI) - 11/02/2020
- Stock under Consideration: Kadant Inc. (NYSE: KAI) - 02/02/2020
- Stock Buzz: US Ecology Inc. (NASDAQ: ECOL) - 22/01/2020
KENOSHA, Wis., January 18, 2019 – Shares of Snap-on Incorporated (NYSE: SNA) gained 0.79% to $170.00. The stock traded total volume of 33.481K shares lower than the average volume of 382.43K shares.
Snap-on Incorporated (NYSE: SNA) reported net sales of $901.80M increased $3.70M, or 0.4%, from 2018 levels, reflecting a $12.50M, or 1.4%, organic sales increase and $2.90M of acquisition-related sales, partially offset by $11.70M of unfavorable foreign currency translation.
- Operating earnings before financial services for the quarter of $167.70M, or 18.6% of sales, including $4.40M of unfavorable foreign currency effects, compared to $173.10M, or 19.3% of sales, in 2018.
- Financial services revenue of $84.10M in the third quarter of 2019 increased $2.10M from 2018 levels; financial services operating earnings of $61.00M increased $1.70M from $59.30M last year.
- Consolidated operating earnings for the quarter of $228.70M, including $4.70M of unfavorable currency effects, compared to $232.40M last year. As a percentage of revenues (net sales plus financial services revenue), consolidated operating earnings were 23.2% and 23.7% in the third quarters of 2019 and 2018, respectively.
- Net earnings of $164.60M, or $2.96 per diluted share, compared to $163.20M, or $2.85 per diluted share, a year ago. Excluding the above-mentioned tax charge, net earnings, as adjusted, were $165.00M in 2018, or $2.88 per diluted share.
SNA has the market capitalization of $9.26B and its EPS growth ratio for the past five years was 15.00%. The return on assets ratio of the Company was 12.70% while its return on investment ratio stands at 17.40%. Price to sales ratio was 2.28 while 99.40% of the stock was owned by institutional investors.